What’s in the Box
- ASUS ChromeBit
- Wireless Touch Keyboard with Built-In Touchpad
What you’ll need:
- Gmail address (if you don’t have one, sign up here)
- TV with HDMI Port
- Your Untappd Digital Beer List Kit
- Approximately 30 minutes
Configuring the hardware:
- Plug the keyboard’s USB Bluetooth receiver into the Chromebit USB port.
- Plug Chromebit into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect your Chromebit to power using the included wall adapter.
- Turn TV on and select corresponding HDMI input.
- Select your WiFi network and enter the password.
- Login with your preferred Gmail account (required).
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- From the browser, search for Keep Awake Chrome Extension and install. The extension will block screen savers from appearing on your TV.
Connect your Untappd Beer Menus
- In your Google Chrome browser (using your TV and keyboard, not your computer), login to your Untappd for Business account.
- Click into your Customize Menus dashboard, click Digital Board and choose which menus you’d like to show on your digital display. Click Save.
- Copy and paste the URL (found in a box at the top right of your screen) into a new Google Chrome tab and press enter to load your menu. The URL will be similar to this: https://business.untappd.com/boards/2478
- Important Note: If you are using Multiple Displays, you can set up each page on a different TV by adjusting the URL in each Chromebit browser by changing the page number at the end of the URL (e.g., /page/2, /page/3, etc.). You will need an additional Chromebit for each TV.
- Turn on the Keep Awake Chrome extension by clicking on its icon in your Google Chrome browser (it should show a sun icon as seen below). This will prevent a screen saver from appearing on your TV.
- Expand your browser to full screen using the menu in the top right of the Google Chrome browser. Your menu will now fill the TV screen.
Did you get an error that says we can't fit all your beers on the screen? First, lower the number of "Beers per Page" on your customization dashboard. If that doesn't do the trick, we have a few other ideas.
Optimize your Digital Board
Check out your dashboard for options to adjust the layout, show (or hide) beer details and tweak your setup for an awesome display on your TV. Remember - this menu will never look correct on your computer screen, as it is designed for output to a TV.
If your menu looks off-center or pixelated on the TV screen, try adjusting your display settings or increase the resolution to better fit your TV.
Important note about multiple menus: Individual menus will be condensed into one main menu. All beers and containers will remain intact, however, section titles will not be visible. Optimize your Menu for your TV
Click on the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop and choose Settings.
Look for the Device category and click on Display settings.
Under the Manage displays screen that pops-up, check the TV alignment option and click on Adjust
On the next screen that appears, use the arrow keys on keyboard to adjust the alignment settings.
Put the mouse in right-bottom corner of the desktop and click, then click Settings.
Select Display settings.
Select Resolution settings
Still need help? Send us a message through the Help bubble or email us. We’re happy to help get your Untappd Digital Beer Menus set up and ready for action.